Register as a Sole Trader in Sweden


To register as a Sole Trader in Sweden can many times be the most economical way to start your business in Sweden and to try out the Swedish market before, maybe, starting a Swedish Limited Liability Company. In Swedish, a Sole Trader is called “Enskild näringsidkare” or that you have an “Enskild firma”

When you register as a Sole Trader in Sweden, you are doing business as an natural person with your Personal Identity Number (In Swedish “Personnummer”) or co-ordination number as your organisation number. You can still have a company name if you wish so you do not need to do business in your own personal name.

Our package includes:
– Register as Sole Trader in Sweden
– Help with VAT-registration, F-tax/F-skatt and to be registered as an employer (Not necessary to be an employer if it is only you)
– Prestigious legal and visiting address in Stockholm for one year including mail scanning (Max. 25 pages/month and after the first year, it is 599 EUR per year)
– Register your company name with the Swedish Companies Registration Office
– Start up government fees

To register as a Sole Trader, you can be a resident from the EU/EEA or from outside the EU/EEA. However, there is a difference in time and how the process can be applied.

For residents of EU/EEA:
The process is quite straightforward since you do need a Visa to actually be in Sweden to start up and run your business. It is easier for you to get an co-ordination number from the Swedish Tax Agency.

For non EU/EEA residents:
To be able to register as a Sole Trader, you will need permit from the Swedish Migration Agency to run a company in Sweden. This has to do with that you can be granted a residence permit to Sweden with starting your Sole Trader business.

If you are going to work for longer than three months starting up and running your own business in Sweden, you must have a residence permit. The residence permit must already have been granted before you travel to Sweden. There a few requirements that needs to carried out, we will be more than happy to give you the complete list.

Self-employed persons who are going to work for less than three months in Sweden do not need a residence permit. However, the citizens of some countries must have a Visa to visit Sweden even for work lasting less than three months.

Also, the be able to be approved for F-skatt and VAT-registration, all non-EU citizens will need a residency permit that needs to be approved before. Contact us for more information about your situation.

Shopping Cart