Taxation for Swedish Limited Liability Company LLC

Company tax in Sweden - A full EU member

Learn more about Swedish taxes, tax rate, VAT-registration / VAT-ID for your Swedish Company!

The company tax rate for Sweden is 21.4%.

When you set up your business entity, you should ensure that you do the following:

Register for company tax – Registering a business for tax purposes differs depending on if you are currently operating a business abroad that you want to establish in Sweden, or if you are starting a new business in Sweden.

Keep accounting records – All businesses are obliged to maintain accounting records regardless of the type of company and scope of the business.

Prepare a company tax return – A company who is liable to pay company income tax in Sweden is required to pay preliminary tax during the taxable year. To calculate how much tax is payable, the company must submit a preliminary tax return. The Swedish Tax Agency then calculates the preliminary tax and notifies the company on how much tax should be paid each month.

File your company tax return by your deadline – The company income tax return must be filed yearly, six months after the end of the fiscal period.

Pay company tax by your deadline – Everyone, regardless if you are a legal person or an individual, who has to pay any form of tax to the Tax Agency is assigned a tax account. The tax account summarizes your tax payments, your preliminary tax as shown by income statements and your final tax as shown by your final tax statement. Generally, the due date for payment of your preliminary tax is either on the 12th of each month. Although on January and August, the due date is on the 17th. Payment must be registered in the Tax Agency’s bank giro account on that day.

What profits do you pay company tax on?

If your company is based in Sweden, it pays company tax on all its profits from Sweden and abroad.

If your company isn’t based in Sweden but has an office or branch there, it only pays company tax on its profits from its activities in Sweden.

Taxable profits include the money your company or association makes from:

– Doing business
– Investments
– Selling assets for more than they cost (chargeable gains)
– Royalty


Follow Us

Shopping Cart